Tuesday, November 20, 2007

something funny

Before I recount the incident that happened today, I have to backflash so you can appreciate the humor in this.

My big brother's best friend's last name is Youngers. For the sake of his privacy, I'm just going to call him "John" Youngers. Anyway, growing up, my brother would always refer to him as Youngers when he spoke about his best friend. One day, my dad said, "Why is his last name Youngers? He's only going to get older. His name should technically be John Older." So for many years now, my dad and I have referred to my brother's best friend as Older.

Anyway, on my way out from work tonight, I was saying goodnight to some co-workers in passing...

"G'night, Seifert."
"G'night, Vone."

"G,night, Z."
"G.night, Young Lady."
And then without a second thought, in popped to my head - "goodnight, Old Man."

Thank goodness I didn't say it out loud! The guy isn't old at all!

No comments: